How to contact me:-|
Philip Chave (videotherapist.co.uk)
About me: I've been an avid EFT'er (Emotional Freedom Technique Practitioner) for over 10 years. I have thousands of hours of practical experience of using this technique, in person (face-to-face), on the phone and by Skype. I've had a diploma in counselling (Dip.Couns) for over six years, and both disciplines flow together beautifully like a couple in love.
I find there are no set rules (other than ethics and confidentiality) in any type of therapy that make one approach better or worse than any other. And, those that try to be too strict end up suffering from terminal tunnel vision. As everybody is different, and have different reasons for developing the same problems, it is disparaging to think you can treat them all the same, and so my priority is to do whatever works best for my client.
EFT is a very interactive therapy. One in which you take part, and I either lead or follow, depending on where you are in the process. I shy away from any type of counselling that consigns the therapist to a mere listening role, and prefer a more interactive or interventive type approach. Taking ACTION, is the key here. Normally, this is welcomed by anyone who has suffered the silent type of counselling. You build confidence by open and honest interaction, and taking the action necessary to make positive change.
In my work as a therapist, counsellor and healer, I have consulted with, assessed and treated, over 1000 people, not including repeat sessions.
|Advantages of Skype online therapy
- Zero travel time
- Better for the environment
- Flexible appointment times
- Talking about embarrassing issues is easier
- Comfortable in your own environment
- High degree of anonymity
- Connect from anywhere you have a connection
- The perfect alternative to face-to-face counselling
- Saves time
- Call from anywhere in the UK or the world
|Disadvantages of Skype online therapy
- Need to keep your computer security up to date
- Only really works well with broadband connection
- Computers/Broadband can break down
- Any non-encrypted data can be used without your consent if your computer is stolen
- Sometimes face-to-face counselling can have more impact
Other Haven Websites |